Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm in Love...

With "Cosmic Fibers" aka DharmaFey on Rav. LOOK...Just LOOK at her yarns inspired by the Showtime series "Dexter". Oh so very yummy.... I'll be snatching up the whole set as soon as that stimulus check graces my mailbox. She custom dyes. I can NOT wait. Here are the yarns, in alphabetical order:
103:(inspired by the bloodbath found in Room 103)
Bay Harbor Butcher: Beneath the Bay:
Dexter:
Dexter's Canvas:
Dark Defender:
Hawaiian Shirts:
(inspired by the shirts worn by Dexter and the rest of the P.D.)

Hooker's Fingernails:
(if you've seen the show, this makes perfect sense. If not, watch the show! She
actually did freeze frames to match the colors perfectly!)

Ice Truck Killer:
Lila:

These colors are all perfect representations of the characters and situations they allude to. Oh man... I really can't wait to get these in my hands! Even Jake (my husband) is excited... He wants a pair of socks in "Dark Defender". I told him I'd make them in "Hooker's Fingernails" lol... When I told him about these, he rolled his eyes at me and said "Oh man.... You're obsessed with that show. What's THIS gonna cost me?" But honey.... You get a discount for buying them all.... ;)

In the end, I had to agree to put away half the amount in increments between now and the time our check comes, and the other half can come from the check. I also had to agree to go on a spending freeze... No more yarn, no more scrap stuff, no eating out... NOTHING. For six months. I think it'll be worth it. Considering that besides these 10, I also have five unrelated hanks coming from an ebay seller, one on it's way from etsy, plus there's the HSKS going on, which'll give me one, and the "Favorite Things" swap may have yarn in it... Plus, within the six months of no spending come my birthday AND Christmas. :) Doesn't sound too hard to get through to me, lol...

1 comment:

Fleur Sweeting said...

I also love her... and Dexter.
I have TONS of her yarn. I love IT!