Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Kit Is Here!

My kit from Dagmara Grindewald arrived today. Her owl was tired, but after a couple treats he perked up, and is ready for the return flight home. :)Here's an overview:My first Yarn Harlot book! I adore her blog, and she frequently has me laughing out loud. I'm so thrilled to finally own one of her books. I fear this is a slippery slope, and I will soon be huddled in a bookstore babbling incessantly. This happens all too often. ;)

Charmed Knits. Yes, I know. I may be the only knitter/HP fan on the planet who didn't already own this book, but there you have it. Now I do!

A journal! A BIG journal! Look, Lucy! A Journal! (I love journals. Adore them to a point which may be unhealthy. I love to write, and hope to someday be published, so journals are very dear to me.)
Pretty blue yarn:Look how pretty she is! Double pointed needles, size two. Thank you! :)See this little pouch? It has flair (I *heart* flair.) The flair says "I solemnly swear I am up to no good!", which (ask anyone) is generally the case with me.This was inside the flair. It smells as nice as it looks. And, it hasn't caused a migraine! Bonus!

Okay. This. This, I am in awe of. First of all, when I opened the box and saw so many books, the bibliophile in me nearly fainted. This, however, takes the cake. It's a Wandmaker's Guidebook. I wonder if this is how Ollivander learned? At the end, I get my very own wand to make! How cool is THAT? A few photos...

Overall, an exceptional kit. Thank you so very much, Dagmara! You're such a sweetheart, and the things you picked for me were perfect! :)

10 comments:

Hermione Bagnold said...

:O Holy geez!!! That's an AMAZING kit!!! I LURVE the wand!!!

Kari Lu Cowell said...

Awesome kit! Love the wand making book!!

Pandora said...

Fantastic! I love books! I really need to find that Wandmaking book! You were definitely spoiled!

Jen said...

O what a sweet kit!
Love it!!!

dogwithbooks said...

I'm so glad you like it!! You deserved it too!! :)

Unknown said...

That's awesome!
Now that I can see ALL of the pictures :)

LoverofallEmo said...

nice!! those are all so awesome:)

hey now that you got the Charmed Knits book you should join the group called harry potter crafters,we are just about to start a KAL on the hermione's cable and bobble hat and gloves (pg 133 and 137 in the book) and the designer of charmed knits is even in the group!!:)

SinKnitty said...

Oh every time I am in the book store I look at that book! I am jealous!

Taryn said...

Now I think I must be the only one left without Charmed Knits. What a lovely kit! I love the button the best...

Amethyst said...

Wow, that is an awesome kit! I'm so going to look for my own wand book!