Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wish Us Luck!

This is day 1 of our new, stricter schedule. EVERYTHING is written down and accounted for, down to toothbrushing. I'm really hoping that this helps us have less meltdowns (both Maddy AND me). So far? Well, it's 10 a.m. and nobody has thrown a fit yet. This is unusual. LOL I'm liking it. I hope it continues like this!

Oh, our neighbor is opening a produce stand down the street selling fresh produce at about half the price of the grocer's produce section. He's opening on Friday or Monday. I can't wait to go over there and see what he has. It's great timing as I've also decided to stop being lazy with my cooking. No more boxes! No more cans! FRESH pasta sauce! REAL potatoes! (Can you see me shaking my fist at the sky?) I'm thrilled about it. Jake and the girls? Not so much... They like their preservatives. Oh well. They're going to learn to like fresh!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Aack! I don't know what I did!

Okay, here's what I said.
1- Fresh= Awesome
2- Schedule=MORE Awesome!
3- When warmer, maybe do herb garden in a pot at home.

Crap, I cannot believe it posted wrong.

Hermione Bagnold said...

You know, I've been thinking about writing out our daily schedule like that, more for my sanity and lack of stick-to-it-iveness than anything...Glad to hear it's off to such a great start!!!

Ronnica said...

Re: herb garden at home- No need. My mother-in-law's herbs run wild. So I just take all the herbs I want from her, with none of the work. LOL

Netta- It really is working. All day Maddy kept coming to me and saying "When is our next activity?" lol

Jessica 7 said...

I remember you talking about how much you like cooking fresh - GO RONNI! I wish I even liked to cook at all. Boxes are my friends.

Yay for schedules. Stick to it!