Thursday, December 4, 2008

Long time no Blog

It feels like forever since I've written here. I've been busy.

I was sick over Thanksgiving, so unfortunately, no turkey for Jake.

Black Friday we did Christmas shopping, and I *think* I'm all done. I have one or two things left to pick up that can't be bought until the last minute, but that's it! Everything else is done! :) Now to wrap... That's my favorite part! I love to wrap all the gifts, and listen to Christmas music, and drink cocoa... mmmm... Cocoa...

I've been watching some fun stuff on TV. True Blood is over for the season, Dexter is almost there, and has me on the edge of my seat, Big Bang Theory never fails to make my sides ache from laughter, How I Met Your Mother is true to form, and Bones...well, it's just wonderful! I've recently discovered a few *new to me* shows, and have been watching THEM online as well: I'm working my way through Buffy, then will move on to Angel. I've been told that Mad Men and Entourage are very good, and they're next on my list to devour. Also, I want to start at the beginning and work my way through Big Love, Six Feet Under, Brothers and Sisters, and Dirty Sexy Money. I have a feeling that I'll be watching these shows for a very long time, since I have little time in my day to sit down to watch them, lol.

Reading: I just plowed through the first 7 of the Sookie Stackhouse novels, and the 8th is on its way to me (Thanks Lucy!), I'm on the third book of the Outlander series: Voyager. I'm reading "One Night Stands With American History", which is little snippets of lesser known facts about issues that formed our country and brought us where we are. The Twilight series is always an old standby (I've lost count of how many times I've read these books). Merry Wives of Windsor is the next Shakespeare play in my list of "to reads", because it sounds interesting, and I want to draw from it for the novel I'm writing. I recently read "Water for Elephants"- a really good, quick read. If you haven't read it yet, do! It's very good. Jake got me a book of Longfellow poetry, and I plan to start in on that today, hopefully. "The Tales of Beedle The Bard" is on it's way from the printer to me, hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow or Saturday.

I've been embracing my inner geek. I have a crush on Joss Whedon, creator of "Buffy", "Angel", "Firefly", "Serenity", and "Doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog". If you have NOT experienced any of these things, I'm sad for you. He's a GENIUS. Pure and simple. The man is pure brilliance. As some people in my circle would say, "He's made of awesome".

I've been getting very little knitting done lately. I'm trying to force myself to knit a pair of socks, for the knit-along with Kim, et al. So far, I've cast on, and done half a round. Pathetic. I'm just so much more entralled with my novel right now, that knitting doesn't seem to have much call at the moment.

Travel. Lucy will be coming to visit in Feb. (yay!) Can't wait for that. Also, if the stars align themselves, Jake and I may be going to NYC the day after Christmas to meet up with some friends. That's still up in the air at this point though. In May or June, Jake and I are flying to Vegas to visit Lucy. In October, a bunch of knitterly friends are descending upon us for Stitches East, an annual knitting convention with shopping and classes. This year, it's being held in Hartford, and I can't wait! We're also hoping to get into NYC at least one more time this coming year, as well as maybe a trip to Boston. I want to do the Freedom Trail again. I just adore history...

Next week, there'll be a post all about the history of Jake and I. Our 6th wedding anniversary is the 14th, and I'm getting all nostalgic. :)

Leave me a comment, because I love to hear from y'all!

1 comment:

Jessica 7 said...

Happy Anniversary coming up! I'll look forward to that post. Sorry you were sick on Thanksgiving. :(
Are you on goodreads.com? It's a networking site where you rate the books you've read and you can see what your friends are reading and what they thought of their books. I think you'd like it.