Sunday, June 21, 2009

Vegas, so far.

Thursday morning we were up at four to get to the airport on time. We had just enough time to get through the airport security, get a bagel, and board the plane. Perfect timing! I took a couple small naps on the plane, knitted a little, and looked out the window to see this:We got to Vegas, and Lucy picked us up at baggage claim, where I started to cry like a baby when I saw her. Oy. LOL! I finally composed myself, and away we went to the hotel. We got there at around 10:30, so we couldn't check in yet. We checked our bags with the baggage handlers, and went to breakfast with Lucy. After that, I walked her back to her car so she could go back to work, while Jake got us checked in. We went up to our room, and this was the view out of our window:
Thursday night, Lucy picked us up at six when she got out of work. We went to her place to visit for a while, and got some Chipotle. Jake and I hadn't had it before, so it was quite a treat for us. So yummy!!! Around 10 (which felt like 1 a.m. to us) we went back to our room. This is what it looks like at night:

So pretty! We're facing New York, New York; MGM Grand, and Paris. We can see lots of fun places out of our window.
Friday we spent the morning walking around the strip and doing souvenier shopping. We're now finished with that, which is nice. We don't need to worry about running around like crazy next Sunday to get gifts for people! Friday night, we went to dinner with Lucy and Mauricio at a local Mexican restaurant which was very good. Then, we went to Town Square (I think that was the name... Lucy will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure. By the way, what was the name of the restaurant???) I needed makeup brushes, because I managed to forget mine at home, then we saw "Year 1" at the movie theater. I loved it, but then again, I love every movie that Michael Cera does.
Saturday, we wandered the strip some more, and had a lot of fun exploring the M&M World. Here's a photo of Jake with the yellow M:

Later on (around 5) Vanessa (sinknitty on Rav) picked me up at the hotel, and we went to Batista's for dinner. It's a great little hole in the wall Italian place. There was a tiny old man with an accordian who cracked me up. Dinner was great, and from there we went to Fremont Street. We had a vampire (a cosmo, but with black raspberry instead of triple sec. Very yummy) in a cute little bar, then walked Fremont. Being the tourist that I am, I took photos of all the pretty lights. But I'll spare you those. Instead, I'll show you Vanessa and I posing with a couple Chippendale models, how's that sound? Good? Good. Take a look...

Sigh...Good times, good times. Hahaha. We had so much fun! I can't wait to move here so I can spend more time with her, she's a blast. Oh, and there's another photo of just me with the boys. And they grabbed my butt! When I told Jake, he just shook his head, and laughed at me.

Today is Sunday, and Father's Day. Lucy will be coming over to the hotel after she spends some time with her Dad. Then, we'll work out our plans for the coming week. Can't wait to figure out all the fun things for the rest of the week!!!

3 comments:

lupingirl said...

Wow! It looks like you're having a really good time!

Becca said...

looks like fun! i can't wait until we go to Vegas... to get hitched!

Fleur Sweeting said...

It is town square. :)

And the restaurant was Viva Michoacan. ;)