Friday, August 22, 2008

Guilty Pleasures Swap Swag


I came home to this, this afternoon:Are you as excited as I am to see what's inside? It's heavy!


When I opened it, I saw this gorgeous bag:
You can't see it in these pictures, but it's got sequins. I love it!!!

Inside the pretty purse was this:

And THIS knitting bag (pink and green are my favorite colors!!!)


It's from her LYS.


She made me this scarf, which I'm COMPLETELY in love with, and have worn all afternoon:


The photo doesn't do the colors justice.


2-at-a-time Socks!!!


I'm SOOOOOO Excited!!!


This card described the yarn she sent me. It's from the yarn shop her Grandmother owned when she was little. Denise's grandmother passed on 25 years ago, and some of the store's stock was still in the family. Denise saw fit to share some of her family's yarn with me (it's in the next photo). It's fingering weight, and she doesn't knit socks, so decided to pass it on to me so it will be used. :) I'm so very touched. There are no words to explain it.


And here's the yarn of which I spoke. It'll make some really pretty socks!


And look at my yummy hot cocoa and cookies!


Denise, neicy12345, thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart. I am so touched that you would see fit to share some of your grandmother's yarn with me, and the story of how it came to be in your possession. I loved getting to know you through this swap, and am hoping to keep in great touch with you! :)

1 comment:

Jessica 7 said...

What a special surprise! I loved seeing everything that brought you joy in your package. I clicked on the picture of the bag and I could see the sequins - very fun! Seeing all your fun surprises made me as excited as if I received them myself!