Friday, July 16, 2010

Photo a day and Knitting for Yarn

So Lucy and I have vowed to take a photo a day from now to the beginning of August, and two a day from the beginning of August to our trip, so that we'll be in the habit of photo-taking and won't forget to photograph our trip. I've decided to blog my photos on Fridays, so that I stay in the habit of blogging as well.

Wednesday, the girls played dress-up in old Halloween costumes. Here's Laura as Spidy.

Thursday, I photoed some yarn I've been spinning. This is Lorna's Laces roving in Vera.
This is my "Happy Scarf". I work on it when I'm sad, upset, or unable to focus on anything else.



I've also been knitting for yarn lately. I just started, but the basic idea is that someone sends you the yarn and pattern they've been wanting to knit, you knit it and send it back to them, and then they send you yarn as payment/a gift for helping them to knit the things in their queue. I've currently got a scarf, a pair of socks and two sweaters going. That's why my facebook status constantly says "Knitting" or some variation thereof. LOL!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

ooo I love that scarf, that would make me happy too!

Ronnica said...

Thanks. It certainly does the trick. :)