Sunday, April 11, 2010

How did I DO that?

How is it possible that I completely forgot to blog this last week? Ugh. So absurd. I'm a bit angry with myself right now, but we'll move along, yes?

I just finished a BIG project yesterday that I'm madly in love with. Sadly, I can neither share a photo nor talk about it because it's a gift for someone who could very likely be reading here.

There are a few things, however, that I *can* talk about right now. Fleur and I have decided to start our own sock club. We knew that while lots of people (Yarn Harlot, for example) were having great luck knitting from stash with self-imposed stash sock clubs, we would not follow through. Even randomizing which bag would be pulled each month was unsuccessful when we tried it.

So, we decided that what we'd do is create a sock kit for the other person out of our OWN stash. We covet each other's yarns with a frequency and ferocity that is amusing to bystanders, so we knew this would work. Each month, we choose a yarn from our stash, a pattern to go with it, and spend a maximum of $10 on extras to round out the theme, and then on the third Tuesday of the month (because we couldn't wait an entire month from when we finalized our decision to do this, lol) we trade.

We're each going to have a binder for our patterns, just like we have for our Rockin' Sock Club patterns. And I'm making us each Japanese Knot project bags to be our special bags for our club. Here are the fabrics I'm going to use:




Cute, right? I think so. :) I'm loving the owls. I also just bought fabric for two skirt style aprons for myself, a full "Hostess Style" apron for Lucy, Ruffle aprons for the girls, and basket liners for Lucy's wicker baskets. So there'll be lots of sewing going on in my house for the next little while. :)

1 comment:

Hermione Bagnold said...

That is some seriously cute fabric!!!! I love it!