Saturday, March 27, 2010

Character descriptions

So, assignment one is to write an essay about why we chose our three characters for our kits, to help our spoilers out a bit.

- Minerva McGonagall: The Gryffindor HoH and sometimes Headmistress is my favorite bonny lass. I adore the fact that she and I are both Scots (mine descent and hers birth, but there you have it). I love that she has a tartan nightgown and cap, and wish I had something with my own tartan on it! I'm a highlands Cameron, and just adore everything about my Scots heritage.

- Sybil Trelawney: I love how very eclectic the divination teacher is. She makes me laugh, and I suppose I can relate a bit with her predilection towards thoughts of doom and her devotion towards her chosen family at Hogwarts. I love the fact that her prediction altered the history of the wizarding world so severely, and she doesn't even know- and I think that we've all altered someones history in that way without realizing.

- Moaning Myrtle: It's hard to explain why I love the specter in the girls lavatory so much, but I really, really do. I find her incredibly amusing. Maybe it's schadenfreude, but I just love Myrtle. Her pain and lament just crack me up, and I love her spying on Cedric and Harry in the bathtub.

1 comment:

Emma Gorodok said...

I think I know what kind of kit to make for you - even if it was almost a tie between two characters