Sunday, November 29, 2009

Transitions.

My life is full of them right now.

I'm transitioning to the reality that I'll be oh so very far away from my mother, who I never imagined I'd ever live more than ten miles from.

I'm transitioning to the reality that I am indeed a "grown-up" and it's time to make my own traditions. This one is a bigger struggle than I'd expected it to be.

My Grandmother is transitioning to her life in the rehab facility. It's something she never wanted to do, but she'll need to if she wants to be able to use her legs well enough to remain independent for longer.

Transitions, transitions everywhere. I'm really looking forward to January, when the transitioning is all done, and I can start to settle in to life as it will be.

I fly in two days, for anyone looking for an update. I can't believe it's here!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning.The end is where we start from."

T.S Eliot