Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thankful.

Today I am thankful for:
  • being raised by strong, independent women who taught *me* to be the same way.
  • the freedom to be whoever I wish to be.
  • friends who accept me exactly as I am, without apologies.
  • having a dark sense of humor that allows me to find the funny in nearly any situation.
  • tv, books and hobbies that help me take my mind off the bad times.
  • modern medicine.
  • the laughter of my children.
  • my husband who mostly knows when to step in and overlap my responsibilities and when to step back and let me run over his.
  • my hands, which let me knit.
  • my knitting, which calms me when stressed, and challenges me when bored.
  • my brother, who can make me giggle even when I'm angry at him.

1 comment:

vC said...

Very nice list. I love that I'm seeing people taking the time to write about what they're grateful for as Thanksgiving approaches.