Friday, October 24, 2008

My Week In Review...

Sunday...
Busy! Michael's baptism in the morning, followed by a baby shower in the afternoon and Family Dinner at 3. All the busyness wore the girls out well, and they were in bed and asleep by 7.

Monday...
I discovered the joy that is WiiFit while visiting with my mother, and it is safe to say that I've found a new addiction!

Tuesday...
Rather un-eventful, in that everything that is supposed to happen on a Tuesday happened, and nothing that isn't supposed to happen on a Tuesday, well you know.

Wednesday...
Visited Mom again, this time going grocery shopping with them (They, for their weekly groceries, me for Laura's birthday party on Saturday) after Dad got home from class. After trips to TWO McDonald's (the first was beyond nasty) we managed to eat dinner at 7:30. I didn't get home with the girls until 9. No big deal, except they're 3 and 4, and their bedtime is 7 pm. They finally fell asleep after 10, and me after midnight.

Thursday...
Awoken at 3 am by Laura, who had wet the bed and was sobbing "I'm not a Big Girl Mommy, I'm not a Big Girl Mommy". Between that, me reassuring her that accidents happen, she still is indeed a Big Girl, changing her sheets and changing HER, Maddyson woke up. Neither would go back to sleep, so I put a DVD on in my room, figuring they'd curl up in my bed and fall back to sleep. Sometime after Strawberry Shortcake's FOURTH run through (just past 6 am, I'd venture) I passed out and they took off. When I woke at 7:15, they were downstairs, and had broken one of my mother's DVDs. Cleaned that up. Did breakfast. Did snack time. Realized during playtime that something had gone horribly awry when Laura showed up in front of me, completely nude and covered in toothpaste. Upon investigating the bathroom, found that she had painted the toilet seat cover and side with toothpaste, using her sister's toothbrush. Cleaned that up. Did lunch. Did nap time. Did play time. Did dinner time. Dealt with melt-down when the girls discovered that Daddy was going to run to Grandma's to grab the laundry he'd forgotten to finish, and was only taking one of them. He refused to take both without me, and therefore I had to get dressed at 6:15 to take a two minute trip to grab a basket of Laundry. Did bedtime at 7. They fell asleep after 10. Again. WORST day of my mothering career to date.

Friday...
Today wasn't so bad. Jake had last night off, so I was able to sleep until 8, when the girls fighting over something woke me. The girls were pretty well behaved today, we ran a few errands, paid a couple bills, and visited Jake's parents at work for a couple minutes since we were in the area. My parents came around 6 to take the girls over night, at which point I started cleaning the house like a madwoman (I say that, yet I have OCD, and you could, at any given moment, eat off of any surface in my house. I mean this quite literally, though I really hope you don't do that. I'd have to clean more. LOL) and prepping for Laura's birthday party tomorrow. It's at 1, and everything is ready. All that's left is to vacuum in the morning, buy a bag of ice, and put out the food at party time. Everything has been prepped, the decorations are up, extra seating is arranged, I've even got the parking quandry figured out! (We live in a townhouse complex with assigned parking).

Saturday...
Is party day. I'll let you know next week how it went. Hopefully it isn't a flop!

1 comment:

Jessica 7 said...

Oh, the 'Thursdays' of our lives! We all have them, my dear. (mine was on a Wednesday this week...) I enjoyed reading about your week, and hope the birthday party was fabulous! Love you!