Friday, July 17, 2009

Progress

This has been a week for finished objects and frogging. I finished the sunglass cozy I was working on, as well as one of the campanula mitts out of the pair. If I ignore my knitter's ADD, the other will be finished before the week is out as well. I'm happy with the way it ended up, but then again, I adore green and pink.

As for frogging, my swallowtail got pulled back to nothing again. :sigh: I'm going to wear this sucker every day when I actually finish it! I'm now on attempt number 11. This time, I'm doing the smart thing and using lifelines. I'm not sure why I wasn't using them before this... Stupidity? Over-estimation of my ability to knit lace perfectly always with no mistakes? Who knows. Bit of both, most likely. Anyway... Back to square 1 today on that.

Also, I'm test knitting a pair of socks (for Jake when they're finished), and had to rip that out as well. I miscounted somehow, and the pattern on the top of the foot (don't worry, they were toe-up, so not too far in) was messed up.

Back to the drawing board!

2 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

Have you seen the new Harry Potter yet? I imagined you there on opening night all dressed up. I liked it.

Ronnica said...

Hahaha. No, we haven't seen it yet. We had a bunch of bills to pay this past week, and no babysitter. :) We're hoping to get to the theater this coming week, though.